EXTRUDED CURBING CARE & WARRANTY
Extruded concrete borders are attractive, durable products that will last for years.
Once your new product had been installed, Please follow the guidelines below for the next few days.
- The concrete curb does not need to be sprayed with water. However, It can be if you choose, but wait at least four (4) hours and then spry with fine mist. Repeat the process 2 or 3 times for the next 24 hours.
- Keep pets, children and objects away from the curb for a least 24 hours. It will be hard to the touch at this point, but still needs several days to cure.
- There will be no dark colors on the curb, Concrete, Minerals and Weather tends to fade the colors big time. When you get to select a color for your curb, try to go natural (easy to replaced if its damage. or select a light tan color. (You will not be disappointed on the color).
- Landscaping work (Sod Laying, Trenching, Sprinklers install, etc.) can be started 24 hours after installation; However, caution must be taken as shovels, picks and wheelbarrows can damage the curb for several more days while it is fully curing.
- If you have a landscape contractor working for you. Caution him about protecting the curb from damage. If wheelbarrows are used for hauling rock over the curb, put a mound of dirt over it (6" deep) or build a ramp over the curb to keep the weight from cracking it.
- Never allow a tractor or truck to run over the curb.
- Make sure Sprinklers Systems (Irrigation, Backwash from pools or any other condensate water) do not come on for a least 24 hours.
- EFFLORESCENCE (White Powder Substance) Can and Will Appear The intensity of efflorescence varies depending upon the type (hardness) of water. Once the curbing cures just washed with a brush. Eventually it'll go away. A faster solution of 50/50 vinegar and water with a light brushing will remove the efflorescence.
- When Curbing is there will be a small amount of concrete on the ground. It is very difficult to remove this concrete while still wet. After 24 hours curing period, It can be picked up in small pieces and thrown away. Since we have not included a return trip in the price of our curbing to do this. We ask that you take a few minutes to remove the excess concrete.
- DAMAGE to sprinklers lines, telephone wires, cable TV. or other buried items by our equipment or personnel is not our responsibility. Since we do not trench, there's no need to call Blue Stake Services. (811).
- If Curbing is Damage by anybody or anything after we leave the job site. There will be a $200.00 minimum charge for a repair service.
- CRACKING. Concrete Curbing like any other type of Concrete CAN and WILL CRACK. We experience very little crackling in our products; However, is important to note: Repairs on cracks can be difficult to make in colored concrete. It is impossible to get a perfect color match. Sometimes THE CURE IS WORSE THAN THE ILL. A hairline crack is much less noticeable than a patch or discoloration in the curbing.
- Warranty in this type of product its common sense. You may notice defects (more than 5 cracks or quarter cracks) in couple days. Any defects in materials and workmanship, the product will be repair or replace it, at no charge.
- No Warranty on COLORS. (All Colors will FADE).
Thank You For Using Our Product.
We know you will enjoy it for years to come.
If you have any questions regarding our Extruded Concrete Curbing.
Please call us. (Ask for ROD)